Welcome to my blog! My name is Kristin Gonzalez and I’m hoping to connect with like-mined people who are interested in health and nutrition for the whole family.
I have a PhD in biogeochemistry, which is a branch of environmental biology. My hobby, and frankly…addiction, is reading scientific journals and recent publications to glean facts that we all would like to know, if we just had time or inclination to do the research. I’m here to read the science so you don’t have to!
Each week or so, I’ll post a review on a topic covered in the news or scientific journals in recent months. Leave it to me to decipher the scientific information for you and present the post in language everyone understands. I will periodically investigate Internet hearsay and give you the straight scoop.
Topics of immediate interest to me are:
- Chemicals in our food supply and in body products that can be hurting you and your kids,
- Things every parent should know when talking to your child’s dentist or pediatrician,
- Tips for teenager success at home and school,
- How to build your child’s self esteem (it’s not what you think),
- The dangers of sugar in our diets and what to do about it,
- Winning weight loss for everyone,
- Issue of interest to women of a “certain age.”
My purpose is not to be an alarmist! On the contrary, my goal is to present the research in an unbiased way and let you decide what is best for you and your family. I will give you my opinions; tell you what I have done for myself and with my four kids.
If you have any topics you’d like me to comment on or research let me know. I look forward to learning right along with you!